my favorite way to eat oatmeal these days involves a splash of milk, a drizzle of jam, fresh berries, and a sprinkle of chia seeds or chopped almonds. when i waltzed into the kitchen this pretty morning, however, i was all out of precious jam and needed to make a new batch. the following photos detail this adventure, and i have also included my super-simple blackberry jam recipe at the very end. enjoy!
RECIPE FOR BLACKBERRY JAM
+2 cups fresh blackberries
+juice from 1/2 of a lemon
+1 1/2 cups sugar (or a tad bit more for crazy sweetness)
1. mash fresh blackberries.
2. combine all ingredients in a small saucepan.
3. cook over high heat for about 5 minutes. stir frequently.
4. turn heat down to medium for 15 minutes. stir occasionally.
5. transfer to a glass jar and allow jam to cool and thicken.
6. spoon over oatmeal or toast and enjoy!
hope your sunday is divine!